Terms and Conditions
You must agree to the following terms and conditions in order to receive incentives as described below for referring your friends or family who might be interested in making investments on the www.citizenmint.com investment platform (the “website”). These terms and conditions are in addition to your existing Citizen Mint Terms & Conditions.
Through the Citizen Mint Referral Program (the “Program”), members on Citizen Mint can refer friends to sign up for a Citizen Mint account by sending them an invitation (each, an “Invitee”). Please send invites only to people you know personally who will be glad to get them. Citizen Mint will send one invite email on your behalf to each friend you invite through the Program on citizenmint.com/referrals: (1) in your name; and/or (2) with your name.
For each “Qualifying New Account” (as defined below) Citizen Mint will reward you with $100 per $10,000 invested for the Invitee’s first investment, subject to a cap of $1,000 per investor, by sending an online gift card. In addition, Invitees may be eligible to receive a benefit for creating a new account and investing more than $10,000.
Subject to the limitations herein, a “Qualifying New Account” is a new individual Citizen Mint account (i) opened by your Invitee, (ii) that has completed the profile information, confirmation of identity and two-factor authentication requirements as may be requested by Citizen Mint in its sole discretion, (iii) that has successfully linked to an external bank account and (iv) has met all of the foregoing requirements in items (i)-(iii) within 30 days of the applicable Invitee’s receipt of the invitation. Citizen Mint is not responsible for incorrect entry or other failure on the part of your Invitees to meet the standards of a Qualifying New Account.
You must be a Qualifying Member to be eligible to receive the reward in accordance with the Program. Subject to the limitations herein, a “Qualifying Member” is a member (i) with an individual Citizen Mint account (A) that has completed all the profile information, confirmation of identity and two-factor authentication requirements as may be requested by Citizen Mint in its sole discretion and (B) that is a past or current investor on the Citizen Mint website or has completed the accreditation verification process on the website.
Not all invitations will be considered valid. For example, your Invitee(s) may receive multiple invitations because we have community members who provide us with duplicative information for invitations, and we can’t promise your Invitee(s) will respond to the invitation based on the information we receive from you. Also, your Invitee(s) may decide independently to open an account directly on our website, or they might already have a Citizen Mint account and investments when they receive the invitation. We might also change the Program in the future for existing and/or new users. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to determine that cash incentives are not warranted, and/or to change the terms of the Program with or without notice to you. You may not post this promotion on any message board or social media website or use similar methods of general dissemination for the purpose of making referrals under the Program, and any referrals that are made through such means shall not be considered valid hereunder (as to both you and any Invitees that result from any such posting).
By accepting these Terms and Conditions and participating in this Program you acknowledge certain information so that we can ensure your eligibility. Specifically, you represent to us that:
1. you are not otherwise in the investment advisory or brokerage business (or, if you are, then your job function is not related to this invitation activity or to the financial management of your friend(s)’ assets), and you will not provide investment advice to any individual in connection with this invitation program;
2. you are not a government entity, or an agent of such entity acting on its behalf;
3. you will comply with the requirements for this Program described here, and any securities laws that may apply;
4. you do not have any SEC orders issued against you under section 203(f) of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 (the “Act”) or otherwise; have not been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor involving any securities law violation, including any conviction within the previous ten years of any felony or misdemeanor involving conduct described in section 203(e)(2)(A) through (D) of the Act; have not been found by the SEC to have engaged, or have been convicted of engaging, in any of the conduct specified in paragraphs (1), (5) or (6) of section 203(e) of the Act, and, you are not subject to any order, judgment or decree described in section 203(e)(4) of the Act;
5. we may conduct due diligence on you to confirm any of the above information; and
6. you will promptly notify us if any of items 1-5 above change.